Monday, February 19, 2007

I want to have my own...




I, Dilla & Yasmin





Being innocent, young and ignorant is the thing that I'd love to be... Well, I've been in that situation and I was once like that. Yes, when I was little… Oh how much I miss it, the time when you don’t care for the others except your own happiness.

Look at the baby and toddler whenever they ask for something, tears is their great weapon. They can look to your eyes with such begging look, an innocent look that you don’t dare to refuse their requests. They are allowed to do stupidest, craziest, most unbelievable things and whenever any adult complains, other adults think that he/she is child hater or child neglect (this is the worst!).


Last Sunday, I finally could spend my day off with my two favorite nieces, Dilla – 5 years old and Yasmin – 3 years old. They are so lovely, hyperactive, curious, and sometimes annoying. Once I and Dilla were in the car waiting for her mom and next to our car parked a Mercedes Benz – CLK Class, the owners were entering the car. Dilla paid attention to them and said to me, “Tante (aunty), that car is so lovely, why the owners are ugly?” I was so surprised, didn’t expect a rude statement would come from her little mouth. Then, I couldn’t stop laughing as I heard her explanation. Apparently, she used to watch “sinetron” where in most scene; a beautiful person always gets a lovely vehicle and the other way around… tolerable ignorance!! Some other time on Lebaran day, (where most people and of course, maids/domestic servants visit their hometown) I asked her where her mom went (her mom was on leave with her husband for couple days), then surprisingly she answered, “She went ‘mudik’ with HER HUSBAND to Jogja,” instead of saying “my mom went with my dad to Jogja”. She framed it, as her mom is third person and also as a maid… so funny, purely innocence.

So many things that they did create big laugh… what unbelievable creatures children are! If I acted as innocent and ignorant as they do, I probably got lots of enemy and big punch all over my face and body. Well, I’m glad I’ve live the moments like they do now… that’s what makes me lot richer in character. I really enjoy the moments I spend with Dilla and Yasmin, bring back my child side. Makes me thinking it would be nice to have my own… Mmmmmhhh could you guess what I want?

No comments: