Friday, January 19, 2007

Why I Love to Live in Bali

I'm a Jakartans who lived in Bali for almost a year. And now I want to share a few points of why I love to stay here in paradise:

1. Every day is like holiday here. So, if you work here, like I do, then you’ll feel like you are on holiday but somebody pay you monthly! Isn’t that great?

2. Your life will become cheaper and happier. Why? In Jakarta, you have to pay a lot for your lifestyle. Like pay 35,000IDR for a cup of coffee. Here, you can enjoy your meal in a very cheap way (a hot plate STEAK with a very fat meet for only 13,000IDR), but still surrounded by bule (Indonesian slank for foreigner), without loosing your style. And don’t forget, you can also enjoy a beautiful sunset while having your meal!

3. Dress with any style you want! People here doesn’t care about who’s the designer of your shirt or what’s the trademark of your pants. You can wear anything you want. My friend from England said: “What beautiful about Bali is that you can ride your motorbike, anywhere, without wearing any shirt!” Yes! I also do that. I go to Ubud every weekend, shirtless!
No rules about dress here. You can go to a fancy restaurant wearing your shorts and T-shirt.

4. NO TRAFFIC JAM! For a Jakartans like me, traffic jam has been part of my life. So, move to Bali is like moving to the real paradise. No traffic jam here! You can always go anywhere you want without thinking twice for a traffic jam. You don’t need to go 1 hour before your appointment start or have your breakfast in the car while going to your office. Here, I can enjoy my breakfast slowly (I can even cook my favorite meal in the morning) while watching the TV and go to my office 15 minutes before the office time.

5. Entertainment is everywhere and party all the time! No day without party here as people come to Bali for holiday. And if just need some relaxation from your work, you can just go to the beach, sit there with and ice cold beer on your arm, and you'll feel like you're in heaven! Again, it's cheap.

6. International Life. No need to be a member of some embassy or study in an international school. Just sit on the beach and you'll have friends from many different countries around the world. You'll also get used to live an international culture. Wine for dinner, potluck party, Barbeque Party, and anything that usually goes to bule's lifestyle.

7. It's a paradise. So, who refuse to live in paradise?

Please remarks that I only put FEW POINTS of why I love to live in Bali here. There's so many points more you can see as I'll contribute more writings and photos about Bali. So see you on my next contributions!

1 comment:

Indri P. Rosid said...

It's so true!!!
I was there couple times just for a few days, really felt in heaven...
Find a job for me there lah!!