Monday, January 08, 2007

Happily Ever After... Is it really exist?

Last night, I couldn't barely close my eyes. It was already 2 am when I realized that I had insomnia...phuiii...tough night! Probably, because I had sleep to much during the weekend, on Friday & Saturday I slept almost 12 hours...hehehe... But that wasn't the only reason. I had so much to think, had have quite serious argument with my boyfriend earlier [eehh bit fighting :( ].

Desperate to find a way to sleep [counting sheep, singing several songs - didn't work!], I turned on the TV - had little tour to every channels and ended up on Trans TV. They screened one of Twentieth Century Fox collections where Drew Barrymore played as Danielle (Cinderella) and Andy Tennant (director) spun the story that the magic came within not from the fairy godmother. I saw that Tennant was never less than passionate about delivering a realistic, different "Cinderella" to the screen. He saw that he tried to change the perception of young generation that for everything we truly believe, we have to fight for it, not just waiting for the thing to come by itself to our door. In the old version, the tale that was created over hundreds of years, however, has been a story of a passive woman waiting for a strong, handsome (and nearly silent) prince to rescue her. Absolutely, you won't see that kind of Cinderella in Tennant's version. I like this version better, because I believe that there's no such thing as magic, what exist are effort, will and gut.

Now, the question is: is Happily Ever After really exist? mmmmhhh, never happened to me before :( I believe that everyone, including me, believe that there's a "Happily Ever After" life... I and every girls out there, probably, really wish having our own Cinderella story... meet the right person, fall in love, get married and live happily ever after. Well, at least if I couldn't live happily ever after, I would rather die in happiness :P That's more than enough for me...

After all, who could tell that he/she had ever live a "Happily Ever After", unless he/she could come out from the graveyard and said it out loud :P You maybe?

No comments: